Tuesday 30 August 2011

A Trip to A&E Courtesy of the Kitty!

Well it wasn't quite the Bank Holiday Monday I'd hoped for... having hoovered and done the ironing, the last job on the list was the monthly trimming of the cat's claws. Usually such a straightforward task - hubby holds them, whilst I quickly clip clip clip. Sookie was done in 2 minutes flat. However, halfway through clipping Darcy's hind claws, (and thus with my face rather close to his feet) something outside made a noise and startled him leading to the most sudden, unexpected panic bunny kick... which landed squarely in my face!

I stumbled backwards saying "I'm okay, I'm okay!" then opened my eyes to find hubby looking on in horror. After checking in the mirror, I realised I hadn't come off quite as lucky as I thought! I was bleeding above and below my eye. Anyone who knows me well will recall that I have a bad habit of fainting at the sight of blood... and down I went! 

After a call to NHS Direct (the UK health service) I was advised to go to A&E as there is a risk of infection with animal wounds. Of course before we could leave I insisted on some pictures for my blog (priorities people!). So here they are:
Hi I'm Laura! (aka Kitcaboodles)
...I'm usually a bit more presentable than this!
Not quite my usual eyeliner
Four hours later hubby and I were finally back from A&E, all cleaned up.
4 hours later
I had some deja vu after Darcy's visit to the vet on Friday... I've now also been prescribed a course of antibiotics and was getting slightly concerned that they were going to make an uncomplimentary comment on my weight too... luckilly I escaped that one!

Darcy says:
I'm so sorry mummy the loud noises scared me... here's my claws I promise I'll be good this time!!

10 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Mr Darcy's kick is not bunny kick, it's mummy kick! Errr...did the doctors not laugh at the cause? purrrr *giggles*

Whisppy said...

Oh wow. Thank goodness Mr Darcy missed your eye! Those cuts do look scary. I always worry about being kicked in my face when I clip my rabbits nails.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

OMC !
Glad Darcy missed your eye with his mummykick !!!

Unknown said...

Haha yes Cat-From-Sydney the nurse filled in a form when we got there, the description was 'wound to left eye caused by kick to face by cat'. When the doctor read it I could see she was trying not to laugh and she said "well that's a new one!" MOL =^..^=

Unknown said...

Thanks Whisspy and Kjelle, hubby did point out that I was lucky not to get a claw in the eye... luckilly Darcy has mighty bear paws so big that the claws neatly fit around my eye and not in it!!

Katnip Lounge said...

YIKES! Next time do clippy claws in a soundproof room...you got lucky! When I clip The Horde, hubby holds the victim in the Grip of Death (pat. pending) and I do the dirty snipping deed.

Unknown said...

The Grip of Death... you must teach my hubby that!! =^..^=

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Hmmmmmmmm....Don't suppose Darcy just wanted to get you to a "Vet" too???

I feel for you both...I know how guilty our dogs feel when they accidentally nip us!

Mr Puddy said...

I'm glad your mom still smile !! Good Sign for your destiny !
You are very lucky cat, this show how much your mom really really love you.
Purrs for your mommy to heal real quick : )
Hugs
xox

Unknown said...

Dory... oh my I hope not... I have to take him back for a follow up on Friday... I want to keep the other eye LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...